What is the address of the EEOC office in Pittsburgh, PA?

The EEOC office in Pittsburgh, PA is located at 10 South Highland Avenue. For more information, please visit their website or call them at (412) 961-6800.

How can I contact the EEOC office in Pittsburgh, PA?

The EEOC office in Pittsburgh, PA can be contacted by calling (412) 962-4000 or by visiting their website at Additionally, individuals can send mail to the EEOC office in Pittsburgh, PA using the address below:EEOCPittsburghP.O. Box 15108Pittsburgh, PA 15251-5108If you have any questions about contacting the EEOC office in Pittsburgh, PA or need assistance with filing a complaint, please contact our customer service team at 1-800-669-4000.

What are the hours of operation for the EEOC office in Pittsburgh, PA?

The EEOC office in Pittsburgh, PA is open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.

How do I file a complaint with the EEOC office in Pittsburgh, PA?

If you feel that you have been discriminated against in the workplace, or if you believe that your rights have been violated by your employer, it is important to contact the EEOC office in Pittsburgh. The EEOC can provide you with guidance on how to file a complaint and help ensure that your rights are protected. To find out more about the EEOC and its services, please visit their website or call their hotline at 1-800-669-4000.

What types of discrimination does the EEOC investigate?

The EEOC investigates discrimination in the workplace based on race, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age (40 or over), disability, genetic information, and religion. The EEOC also investigates discrimination based on sexual orientation.What are some examples of prohibited conduct?The following are examples of prohibited conduct that the EEOC considers to be discriminatory:1. Refusing to hire someone because of their race, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age (40 or over), disability, genetic information, or religion2. Harassing or offensive behavior towards an employee because of their race, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age (40 or over), disability, genetic information,. . .or sexual orientation3. Making decisions about an employee’s job duties or compensation that are based on any of these factors4. Retaliating against an employee for filing a complaint with the EEOC5. Denying benefits to employees who file complaints with the EEOC6. Discharging employees for exercising their rights under Title VII7. Taking adverse action against employees who participate in union activities8. Interfering with an employee’s ability to work effectively due to their participation in union activitiesWhat is protected by law?The law protects all individuals from employment discrimination based on certain characteristics listed above,. . .unless a bona fide occupational qualification exists for that position which can only be achieved by employing persons possessing those characteristics What remedies does the EEOC provide?If you believe that you have been discriminated against in the workplace,. .you may file a complaint with the EEOC..

You may also sue your employer if you have successfully filed a complaint with the agency and suffered damages as a result..How do I file a complaint with the EEOC?To file a complaint with the EEoc,. must contact one of its regional offices located throughout the United States..You can find contact information for each regional office at www2eoceeocorg/eeoc-locations/.After making contact with one of our offices,. will need to complete and submit our online form entitled “Employment Discrimination Complaint Form” found at www2eoceeocorg/eeoc-forms/.Please note that not all forms are available in every language..Can I represent myself in court if I am involved in an employment dispute?Yes,. ..but it is important to consult an attorney prior to doing so as there are many legal complexities involved in employment disputes..Can my employer fire me even if I have not filed a formal complaint with the agency?Yes,. ..your employer has absolute discretion when it comes to terminating your employment regardless of whether you have filed a formal chargewith us..Are there any exceptions to this rule?There may be limited circumstances where we would allow someone who has not filed a formal chargewith usto proceed without first consulting an attorney such as if they were being threatenedwith imminent discharge and believedthat they lacked sufficient timeto seek legal assistance beforethe termination took effect Would filinga chargewiththeEEOClosethedooronmylegaloptions.?No,. ..filinga chargewillnotpreventyoufromtakingotheractionsthatmay be available under state law such as filingfor workerscompensationorseekingadischargeinvolving wrongfultermination What kindofinformationdoestheEEOChaveaboutme.?We typically receive copiesofcomplaintsfiledagainstemployersalongwithinformationrelatingtothecase suchasnamesand addressesofthe partiesinvolvedandanydocumentsthatwere submitted as evidence duringour investigationsuchastheiremploymentapplicationormedicalrecord CanIexpectananswertocomplainttoetheEEOClothesthisway.?Generally,,yes.

Does the EEOC provide translations services for complaints filed in languages other than English?

Yes, the EEOC provides translation services for complaints filed in languages other than English. This service is available to individuals who cannot understand or speak English. The EEOC will provide a translator to help with the complaint process.

The EEOC also offers bilingual assistance through its Field Offices. These offices have staff who are fluent in both English and a foreign language. They can help individuals file a complaint in their native language and translate it into English if necessary.

If you need assistance filing a complaint or need someone to translate something for you, please contact one of the EEOC’s Field Offices located throughout the United States.

How long does the EEOC have to investigate a complaint?

The EEOC has 180 days to investigate a complaint. If the EEOC does not have jurisdiction over the alleged discrimination, it must give notice to the party alleging discrimination and allow that party 60 days to file a civil action in federal court.

Can the EEOC filing fee be waived?

Yes, the EEOC filing fee can be waived if you meet certain criteria. To qualify for a waiver, you must be an individual who is unemployed or underemployed and have attempted to find employment but has not been successful in finding a job that meets your qualifications. You must also have submitted a written request for the waiver and provided documentation of your unemployment or underemployment status. If you are requesting the waiver on behalf of someone else, you must also provide documentation of their unemployment or underemployment status. The fee may be waived only once per fiscal year.

What is an accommodation request under ADA and how do you file one with EEOC?

An accommodation request under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) is a request from an individual with a disability to modify or adjust the rules, policies, practices, or services of an entity so that they can have equal access and participation in its programs and activities. To file an accommodation request with EEOC, you must first contact the entity directly. If the entity does not respond to your inquiries or refuses your accommodation, you may then file a formal complaint with EEOC. In general, EEOC will try to resolve complaints through informal discussions between you and the entity, if possible. If negotiations fail and you still believe that your rights have been violated, you may file a lawsuit.

Is there a time limit to file an ADA charge withEEOC after an alleged violation occurred ?

There is no time limit to file an ADA charge with EEOC after an alleged violation occurred. However, the sooner you file a charge, the more likely it is that EEOC will take action on your behalf. If you have already filed a complaint with another government agency, such as the Department of Justice or state human rights commission, we would still encourage you to file a formal charge with EEOC as well. This will help ensure that your case receives the attention it deserves and increases your chances of obtaining relief from discrimination.

11 )I need assistance communicating with someone atEEOC who is deaf. Who can help me ?

If you are deaf and need assistance communicating with someone at the EEOC, there are a few people who can help. One option is to speak with an interpreter. Another option is to contact the regional office in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Finally, you can also reach out to your local deaf community for support.

12 )How do i get publications or materials fromEEOC ?

There are a few ways to get publications or materials from the EEOC. You can go online and search for them using our website, or you can contact one of our regional offices. You can also request materials be sent to you directly by filling out a Request for Publication or Material form. Finally, you can attend an event sponsored by the EEOC, such as an information session or conference, and ask about available resources there.

13 )What happened to my charge/complaint – where did it goand what’s taking so long ?

  1. If you have filed a charge or complaint with the EEOC, it is important to keep track of where it went and what is taking so long.
  2. The EEOC has several different offices around the country that handle charge/complaint intake.
  3. Once your charge/complaint has been received by an office, it will be assigned to a specialist who will review your case and determine if there are any federal laws that may apply to your situation.
  4. After reviewing your case, the specialist will create a written summary of the findings and send it to you or another party involved in your case (such as the company).
  5. Depending on the outcome of your case, you may receive money back, receive relief from discrimination, or both.
  6. It is important to keep up with communication about your case so that you know what is happening and when you can expect a resolution.

Hot content